Felon Suspected Of Killing Tech CEO Was Previously Released By Soros-Backed Attorney

A convicted felon previously freed by a Soros-backed district attorney has been arrested after allegedly killing tech CEO Pava LaPere.

Jason Billingsley, a 32-year-old convicted felon, was apprehended late Wednesday evening in Bowie, Maryland, after two days on the run.

Police initially named Billingsley as the sole suspect in LaPere’s murder, and ultimately tracked him and found him at a train station.

LaPere, the leftist CEO and founder of EcoMap Technologies was found dead on Monday with signs of “blunt-force trauma,” according to Baltimore law enforcement. She was reportedly discovered on the rooftop of her apartment building, beaten and partially clothed.

The suspect in LaPere’s murder was previously freed by a district attorney backed by billionaire Democrat megadonor George Soros, despite being sentenced to 30 years in prison.

“The 6ft 4, 305lbs suspect had been jailed for 30 years in 2015, was set free by progressive, George Soros-backed District Attorney Marilyn Mosby in October 2022 — just seven years into his sentence. It is unclear why he was released so swiftly,” according to the Daily Mail.

“Mosby is no longer the DA in Baltimore, having been replaced in January 2023 by Ivan Bates, who reversed her non-prosecution policy for low-level offenses like drug possession, prostitution, and trespassing on his first day in office,” the outlet added.

Meanwhile, Billingsley is still on parole for violently attacking a 25-year-old woman in 2013 — and he is also a suspect in another attack on a couple that happened just days before LaPere’s murder.

Billingsley allegedly broke into the couple’s home, handcuffing them and duct-taping them at gunpoint before forcing himself on the woman. “He then allegedly doused them in liquid and set them on fire, nearly killing them. A 5-year-old child who was in the home also suffered smoke inhalation,” according to the New York Post.

The outlet further noted that Billingsley did not know LaPere, and it is unclear how he was able to gain access to her apartment building.

Earlier this week, LaPere’s family and friends gathered for a vigil to mourn her death and honor her life.

“Pava woke up every day with the belief that she and we, together, had the power to ignite change. Together, we can show the world that she was right,” one woman said during the event.